Introduction to the Digimon Accelerator
The Digimon Accelerator is the latest in the Digimon Virtual Pet series that returns to having no storyline. This new V-Pet has new features like the Accel Grip, the Matrix Sensor that can scan DDP chips as well as your hand. It has, like the Pendulum X, the new type of connector and the removable clear plate allows you to change the skin.
Set-Up and Game Play:
The screen will prompt you to enter your name, birth dates and time. Then place the Matrix Sensor on your hand to get your Digitama.
- Scanning: There are 2 functions in scanning using the matrix sensor.
- DNA Scan: Place the matrix sensor on your hand or something that conducts electricity to get DNA Items.
- DDP Scan: Place the matrix sensor on the chip of DDPs to get Food, DNA and Weapon Items.
- Digimon Command: You can view your Digimon's Data here.
- Digimon: Here, you can view your Digimon's Name, Age, Weight, DNA Type, Level, Attribute, whether you can Battle and Jogress, the Hunger Status, the Strength Status, the DP (Digimon Points) Gauge, the Win Ratio, X Points (If you win a battle against a Pendulum X, the X Point Gauge will go up by 1), and DNA Code (The Digimon's Data Numerized).
- DNA: Here, you can see the DNA Gauges for the 3 types of DNA items your Digimon can take.
X Points: Battle with the Pendulum X, a victory will give you one point (two points if you win by a Tera Hit). If you are a Perfect or Ultimate Digimon when the gauge is filled you will evolve into Omegamon X (Justice Genome) or Dukemon X (Evil Genome).
- Tamer Command: You can see your Name, Birthdates and Tamer Level. In the Nature Genome, your name would affect the DNA code for every Digimon. Higher levels allow you to get more DNA Items from DNA Scanning. Check the DNA Scanning page for more information. The Tamer Level info is below:
|2||50 Battles Fought|
|3||100 Battles Fought|
- Items: In this section, you have all the items you have received from scanning. There are 3 types of items:
- Food Items: These are used outside of battle to treat your Digimon. You can hold up to 3 of each.
- DNA: There are 8 types of DNA Items. These are used outside of battle and will increase the DNA gauges. Unlike Food and Weapon Items, you can hold up to 9 of each DNA Item. These have influence on evolution.
- Weapon Items: There are 18 weapons and these are only useable before a battle to aid your Digimon. You can hold up to 3 of each.
- Training Command: This is where your Digimon will train, a successful training session will increase your Digimon's strength naturally. Before battle, you are shown the Accel Bar which is a bar graph you can increase by continuously pressing the accel grip. By doing this, you will increase the number of times the Digi-Core revolves. This is shown by the RPM counter. If you stop at a certain position when doing so, you may be able to Blast Evolve for the whole fight. Unlike the Pen X 3.0, you Digimon stays in the same form but its appearance changes to make it look more menacing. Blast evolution uses 30 DP and only occurs at the Perfect and Ultimate stage and your Digimon should have full hearts and full DP. Your Digimon's attack power will double, and the Hyper Hit becomes a One-Hit-Kill. Now, there are two options here as well.
- Normal: This training will be similar to the Pendulum Progress and Pendulum X series, continuously press the accel grip and the RPM counter will determine your points in a series of 5 shots. The structure is as follows.
Single Shot = 0 points
Double Shot = 1 point
Triple Shot = 2 points
Hyper Hit = 4 points
Its is required you get 5 Points or higher to increase your Strength hearts. A series of 5 sequential Double Shots earns you a "Mega Hit", a series of 5 Triple Shots will get you a "Giga Hit" and a series of Hyper Hits will earn you a "Tera Hit". Training will decrease your DP level, which you need to train.
- Quest Mode: In this method, you battle opponents throughout a 4 Area Map, each with 10 Digimon to battle. Victories and losses are both counted. You have 10 bars of Health. A Single Shot will remove 1 bar of health, a Double Shot 2 bars, a Triple Shot 3 bars, and the Hyper Hit 4 bars. You will face a preprogrammed set of Enemy Digimon, which can be viewed on the Quest Mode Section. You can choose any of the 4 Areas at any time and then fight the sequence of 10.
- Care Command: Here, you can wipe the screen clear when your Digimon poops and turn the lights off when your is ready to sleep. A full 8 hours sleep is necessary to refill the DP Gauge.
- Connect Command: The Digimon Accelerator has three functions for connecting:
- Battle: You are able to battle Digimon Accelerators and Pendulum Xs. You can only use a weapon when battling against Digimon Accelerators.
- Trade: You can trade DNA Items with other Digimon Accelerators.
- Jogress: Jogress your Digimon with other Digimon Accelerators.
PAUSE OPTION: Unlike previous V-Pets, the Digimon Accelerator has no Pause Option. Though, like the D-Scanner, The Digimon Accelerator has a save function. It will automatically save as you play so you are able to "load" the data back if you happen to have to change batteries. So you can just stick the plastic tab back in to disconnect the battery if you are not going to use it for a period of time.