Introduction to the Digimon Virtual Pet
The Digital Monster is the first in the series of the Digimon Virtual Pet line. It has a roster of 14 Digimon and simple functions behaving like a battling Tamagotchi. It evolves through 5 stages after hatching from the egg, beginning with the Baby Stage and ending in the Perfect Stage.
Once activated it will prompt you for a time to put on the clock. Input the times using the buttons and your egg will hatch shortly. You will see a total of 8 Icons on the border, here is a list of them.
- Scale: To view the Digimon status you will see numerous screens, which will include the Age/Weight, the Hunger Status, the Strength Status, the Win Ratio screen, and lastly the Digimon Points (DP) Gauge. 1 Digimon Year = 24 hours. Weight variations will take place in the following way where G = Gigabytes.
- Meat: Two options, the top selection is a piece of meat which will increase the Digimon's hunger. The second selection is the Protein Pill, which will increase your Digimon's Strength. Avoid the Protein, as it will shorten your Digimon's life span as well as a 5% chance of getting sick.
- Training: This is where your Digimon will train, a successful training session will increase your Digimon's strength naturally.
- Fighting: This will allow you to fight another V-Pet to increase your Win Ratio, the more battles and higher your Win Ratio the more likely it will be you will reach the Perfect Stage. Fresh/In Training Digimon cannot battle, and for the other Digimon DP is necessary.
- Toilet: This will wipe the screen clear when your Digimon poops approximately every three hours. Your Digimon will become sick if it poops 8 times without cleaning.
- Lights: Select this function to turn the lights off when your is ready to sleep. You must do this within 20 minutes (or before the 'Call' light goes out) or it will count as a care mistake. A full 8 hours sleep is necessary to refill the DP Gauge.
- Bandage: This is where you provide Medical attention for your Digimon. Sometimes your Digimon will refuse the treatment so try a few times. If your Digimon gets the sickness/dying status too many times or is left untreated it may die. Your Digimon can still get injured even if it wins.
- The "Call" icon: When its lit up you have 20 minutes or less to respond before it goes out you get a care mistake. Your Digimon will only do this when its hearts run out. It will also do this when its time to turn out the lights.
Sound Option: To disable the sounds press the A and C buttons at the same time.
Pause Option: While the V-Pets have no pause feature you can keep it at the same time of day, by bringing up the clock and hitting A and C to 'change the clock' then leaving it so it says 'SET'. If your Digimon is sleeping, it will stay asleep so you can tend to other things. It will continue to age and evolve as usual, and when it evolves the clock will begin to advance again.
Digital Monster v.1
Digital Monster v.2
Digital Monster v.3
Digital Monster v.4
Digital Monster v.5